By Staff Reporter (2 mins read)
When applying for funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), one needs to upload the relevant, supporting documents to his/her myNSFAS student portal account.
Every applicant’s account is consistently updated to show the status of the person’s application. Click here to create your myNSFAS account to apply.
To apply, ensure that you have your own …
- Valid email address and cellphone number (note that your cellphone number must be unique to you and cannot be shared with another applicant)
- Valid South African ID
You will also need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5* (if applicable)
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income (if applicable)
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form. Click here to download the form
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form. Click here to download the form. You do not have to submit a separate Consent Form
Other documents required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce decree
Certified documents are not a requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions. Applications are open and close on 30th November 2020.
Did you know that …
Once you are approved for NSFAS funding, the bursary will pay for your registration and tuition fees. It will also provide you with an allowance for food, learning material, personal care and travelling or accommodation allowance where necessary. TOJ
*TaxTim SA explains: “An IRP5 is the employee’s tax certificate that is issued to him/her at the end of each tax year detailing all employer/employee related incomes, deductions and related taxes. It is used by the employee specifically to complete his/her income tax return for a specific year.”
Feature image is a screenshot of myNSFAS student portal’s log-in page.