By Staff Reporter (2 mins read)
When applying for funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), one needs to upload the relevant, supporting documents to his/her myNSFAS student portal account. Every applicant’s account is consistently updated to show the status of the person’s application.
Below is a list of those supporting documents.
All applicants need to submit:
- Certified copy of your ID, not older than 3 months
- A sign and completed consent form
If you are dependent on your parent(s), guardian(s) or spouse, please also provide:
- Certified ID copy(ies) of your parent(s), guardian(s) or spouse, not older than 3 months
- Proof of income of your parent(s), guardian(s) or spouse (payslip or appointment letter)
If you are self-sufficient and employed, also provide:
- Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter)
- 3 years IRP5
If you have a disability, also provide:
- Completed and signed Disability Annexure A (if your information is not pre-populated on the portal)
Other documents required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate(s)
- Divorce decree
*Note: If you are a beneficiary of the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA), you do not need a proof of income.
Feature image is a screenshot of myNSFAS student portal’s log-in page.