By Staff Reporter (2 mins read)
NSFAS Wallet allows NSFAS-funded students at certain tertiary education institutions to receive their allowances, withdraw cash and pay for goods at participating stores or sold by informal traders.
Your NSFAS Wallet account is blocked (locked) when the scheme has picked up unusual activity(ies) on your myNSFAS account or NSFAS Wallet account. This could be the result of the changing of your cellphone number and requesting to reset your NSFAS Wallet password at the same time.
It also happens when you have typed in your NSFAS Wallet password incorrectly more than three times. Your account is then blocked as a security measure to prevent fraudsters from accessing your allowances. To avoid this situation from happening, ensure that you memorise and safeguard your NSFAS Wallet password.
How do I unblock my NSFAS wallet account using my cellphone?
You need to have an existing myNSFAS portal account and NSFAS Wallet account, and ensure that your current cellphone number is saved in your myNSFAS portal.
- Dial *120*176# from the cellphone consisting of the cellphone number saved in your myNSFAS account
- Click the option ‘Unlock with OTP’
- A ‘One Time Pin’ (OTP) will be sent via SMS to the cellphone
- Type in the OPT and press enter
- You will received another notification stating that your account is unblocked.
How do I unblock my NSFAS wallet account using email?
Send NSFAS an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Make sure to provide the following in your email:
- A clear copy of your ID (if you have a Smart Card ID, send a copy of both sides)
- Your ID number in the email
- Cellphone number and email address
- Full names and surname
- Physical and/or postal address
- name of your TVET college
- A full description of your query.
Students from these institutions receive their allowances through NSFAS Wallet
Check if your institution is part of them.
Access this link to view and/or download the full NSFAS Wallet Guide.
Feature image: screenshot of NSFAS Wallet login page.