By Staff Reporter (2 mins read)
NSFAS Wallet allows NSFAS-funded students at certain tertiary education institutions to receive their allowances, withdraw cash and pay for goods at participating stores or to informal traders.
Always ensure that you have access to the cellphone number you provided to NSFAS when applying for funding. This is the number it will use to deposit your funds.
To update your cellphone number, register on myNSFAS with your Facebook or Google account, and then update your cell number. Note that this new number must be unique and accessible by you at all times.
What will I need to receive my NSFAS allowance via NSFAS Wallet?
You will need to …
- Have your own cellphone and valid SIM card;
- Have been granted a NSFAS bursary;
- Have signed your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student to NSFAS;
- Dial *134*176# and enter your ID number to verify and authenticate your account;
- You will receive your password in an SMS, which will give you access to your account. Never share your password with anyone;
- Once you have received your password, you may access your account by dialing *134*176#;
- You may withdraw cash from participating stores (Shoprite, Usave, Checkers, SPAR, Choppies or Pick n Pay);
- Pay for goods at participating stores (Shoprite, Usave, Checkers, SPAR, Choppies, Pick n Pay, Van Schaik, Nando’s, Romans Pizza, McDonalds, Burger King, Spur, Hungry Lion, Debonairs, RocoMamas and John Dory’s, amongst others);
- Pay an informal trader for goods using a merchant code (which involves a cellphone to cellphone transaction).
Students from these institutions receive their allowances through NSFAS Wallet
Check if your institution is part of them.
Access this link to view and/or download the full NSFAS Wallet Guide.
Feature image: screenshot of NSFAS Wallet login page.